Ronan and the Powers That Be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronan and the Powers That Be

I've been rereading AWAb, and this question has been bothering me.

When Ronan kisses Nita () and she glimpses something inside of him, what is it? Is Ronan one of the Powers in disguise, like Peach or Biddy? That doesn't make sense, though, because no one actually treats him like one of the Powers That Be.
    Or is it a manifestation of "Those who serve the Powers, themselves become the Powers"?

I'm leaning towards the second one, but I'm still not sure. Does anybody else know?
    Nitwit, blubber, oddment, tweak! --Albus Dumbledore

I <3 Jamie Lawrence!!!!!! *squee*

One of the Powers (can't remember its name...) is kinda living inside Ronan I think... in his head... It's kinda confusing. I didn't get it at first either and I don't think I really get it now.... lol
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

What I got, is that Peach is the Power that Is, that is currently residing in Ronan.

Oh no. Ronan is NOT A Power. ONE of the Powers is currently 'living' in Ronan.

So...I'm kinda confused as to WHY Peach chose Ronan to be....one of her SLAVES!!! *evil cackle* No way. How about one of her 'residences'?

I mean: *squawk* Ahh. The Power's a million miles away from Earth, and in a bird's body. Boom, the Power's current residence gets killed. *woosh*, the Power zooms back to Earth, and chooses Ronan. Zoom, the Power go back, and watches over Kit/Nita/Dairine for a while. Or maybe the Power does it all at once.

:S

Comment

okay, I think I got it:
        Ronan's kind of like a "vessel" for one of the Powers, but the Power that's inside him is still letting Ronan be himself.

does that make sense?

Comment

thus the comment in the book about "Michael the bloody archangel or whoever moving the furniture around in my head."

Quote is loosely based off my own memory, but you get the idea.

Which power was Peach? Was that ever mentioned?
          http://superdrea.net/

Comment

She/he says in High Wizardry that she was Athene, Thor, Prometheus and St Michael aka The Winged Defender, and brother to The Lone Power.

I think Ronan knows exactly who is in his mind, and still doesn't like the idea. At least, not in AWAb, when the idea is still new to him. (<span class="ev_code_white">He seems to come to terms with it later, though.</span>)
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I also agree with the "vessel" theory but my question is how did you know that it was peach that chose to reside in ronan?

me being lost (again)
              sehlinger
              not all that is gold glitters, not all who wander are lost
              -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Because Nita recognised the Power. Look in the "Castle Matrix" chapter of AWAb, at the kiss scene. She actually reacts by saying Peach's name.
                Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I'm with PM on this one, I gather from reading these books that different peoples/things power has a kind of different feel to it. When she had that moment with Ronan she recognised that feel of power and knew who was in him.
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I seem to remember someone in the book mentioning that Ronan and Lugh the Allcrafted (er, I think? another name for that Power, something like that) are related, which would explain "why him?"

Found it! Page 279 of my copy.

"You're related," Nita said. [...] "You've got some of His blood...from a ways back. You remember what the Queen said, about the Powers dipping in from outside of time and getting into relationships with people here for one reason or another. So He loved somebody when He was here physically, once. Maybe even as Lugh himself."

Also, there is no need for Peach to zip back and forth across the universe to be with Kit and Nita, then in Ronan - the Powers That Be exist outside of time as Kit and Nita know it, which is how (for example) the Lone Power can be bound in one place (as by the Song of Twelve) and still be free in a multitude of other places. So, that Power that was Peach and also resides in Ronan is simply in two places at once.

Anna

Comment

I agree with blue, there was something about Lugh and Ronan being related in there.

Also, wouldn't it be cool to be like the Powers and be able to be in many places at once? Or like an abdal, I guess...but wouldn't it be cool to do that? But to only use it for good...or to get out of Algebra 2 class.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

Or you could go the way of the Pig and do the whole everywhen thing. It's always nice to know that the non-Powers have options too. Personally, I'm all for that view of time. Then you can be everywhere everywhen...unless you don't want to be, of course. ;D

vv
                        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

It'd be so cool to be everywhen all the time. But wouldn't you get confused about where in everywhen you were? I would...the tenses are a bit odd to figure out. I guess everywhen is an interesting place to be...or maybe it is confusing to the only person in everywhen. Haha, everywhen doesn't make any sense when I try to explain why I like it.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

I have a feeling that once you get to everywhen, the tenses all sort themselves out. Also, from what the Pig says, I think that while you're everywhen, you conciousness is altered so that you're aware of all of the everywhen at once. When he's talking to Nita, he kinda alludes that he's everywhere at once. Mabye it really is just a perception thing.
                            PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                            Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

That would be really fun to be everywhere and everywhen.

The Trancendent Pig has been confusing me for a while. Maybe the Pig is sort of like the Universe's of keeping track of everything that's going on everywhere and when. Like, kind of like a tracker for everything that goes on, and the Universe was having fun when it made the Pig sentient.

Did that make any sense? Probably not. Oh well.

Dai!

Comment

Working...
                              X