This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Diane

I read my first Young Wizard books when I was around 11 years old. At the time, I was looking up books on my favorite game of all time, Wizardry, and came up with Deep and High Wizardry. I loved them, and they along with the first were some of the only books I actually checked out more than once. I bought a reprint of the books later on with all new cover art, where Nita is a curly redhead and Kit is casting symbols on her bed.

I found the stories to be very imaginative, no slow or lacking parts, and I never thought of it as a chore reading them. This is very noteworthy for someone like me who gets very bored reading, and who has found a special loathing of books and reading thanks to college and college readers. Even as an adult, I actually read your books because I *enjoy* them.

I liked Nita's younger sister the most for her adventurous spirit, and the part of the books I read that stands out most is when she is naming all those little robots every name she can think of... along with her little buddy, GIGO.

Ironically enough, I am pushing into the world of writing myself... which is based off of the universe of Wizardry. In essence, in my attempts to find information on my favorite game, I found your awesome books. Reading them inspired me to be a writer, and now I am writing a book based on the universe of that which brought me to you.

Sweet, huh?

I don't know if you read these forums or not, but thanks all the same for writing these terrific books and sharing your imagination with the rest of the world. Harry Potter and many others owe a lot to books like yours, which have laid such an impressive groundwork of magic and adolescence together at once.

Sincerely,
    Chris
Working...
X