Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• db_pr
    replied
    Kli: I know it seems like crap. Hey, I wanted to see Collateral! But my brother started "No mom, I wanna see Catwoman." And there she goes...

Still, it's much better than what it seemed. The moves are great, and you get entertained! YA!

Plus, Halle Berry's on it...

Leave a comment:

• Quill
    replied
    I have to say that while I try very hard not to pay attention to Ms. Lopez, I did think she did an superlative job in "Out of Sight" (which was, IMHO, better than the book). I don't think I've seen her in anything else, but I can appreciate her acting skills there.

Leave a comment:

• Birdhead
    replied
    I have seen several movies on video recently, so, uh, share! Right.

Underworld. I saw this not expecting much, and it lived up to my expectations; it was okay, but I'm glad I didn't spend the $13 it costs me to see it in the theatres. (And you thik $6 is a waste, Cress. )

Maid in Manhattan This was actually better than I thought! Mostly because it opened with Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, and there is Simon and Garfunkel geekery in there ("Mom! That was Simon and Garfunkel!" "Right, I'm sorry." "You can't just turn them off!" "I UNDERSTAND!") Also, I was worried about, well, JLo. But- shock and awe- she really wasn't too bad! I'm very impressed.
    Also, she didn't sing. That I noticed. Now, THAT's impressive.

Daredevil. Okay. I LIKED the other comic book adaptations; at worst, the heros were hot, at best, they were funny and clever if light trash. Daredevil was neither funny nor pretty. Waste of EVERYONE's time.

Kissing Jessica Stein. Mm, I'm ambiguous; the idea was okay but I didn't really get involved with any of the characters, I didn't really care about them. So... it was okay, it was clever, but not moving, which is sad 'cause maybe it would have been really good.

I still have three others to watch, because they had a 6 for $11 deal plus Underworld for $7, so I... spent a lot, because I'm house-sitting and there is not really a lot else to do. *shrugs* And they were eight-day rentals...

Leave a comment:

• Kathy Li
    replied
    DB, respectfully, I have to decline seeing Catwoman. It just looked really bad. I'm waiting for Elektra: Terence Stamp as Stick. 'nuff said.

Meteorite: I was all set to see Hero but a friend called and asked me to see Zatoichi. Given that I've watched roughly a dozen or so of the original Zatoichi flicks on IFC's "Samurai Saturdays," it took precedence.

Leave a comment:

• Chani
    replied
    I am so in the mood to go rent a movie... I think that I will tonight... and no one is gonna stop me!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X