YW.Com service outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW.Com service outage

Some of you will no doubt be wondering why the websites were missing for the past two days.

Briefly: our domain expired. Due to recent unhappy events at home, DD missed the renewal date, and so the YW.com main website (and everything else on the domain, including the forums) went down.

Many thanks to the stalwart Garrett, who stepped in and did the domain renewal on the fly.

We now return you to your previously scheduled forums.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

Yay, thanks to you and Garrett! I had wondered... It's not usually good when trying to access the website and forums leads you to a blank search page.

But I noticed an interesting thing... out of curiosity, while the forums and website were down, I tried going to the old forums, and the YW.net pages, and those were up. Well, they appeared to be up. It was as if the whole thing had just moved back to the old URLs. And if I follow those URLs now, the YW.net forums are still there

I mean, not the actual old forums. Just, the new forums, but at the old URL. It's strange...
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

YoungWizards.com and YoungWizards.net point to the same website. Said website is, as far as I know, hosted by a different company and on a different schedule from the domain registration, so it's possible for one URL to work and the other one not.

If you checked YW.net while YW.com was down, you probably noticed a lack of images: that's because the HTML in the page specifically pointed to YW.com.
      "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Working...
      X